Genre: Multiplayer, Real-Time, Sci-Fi, Space, Strategy
Rating: Not Rated
Devouring Stars is a “celestial” strategy games, focusing on the eerie beauty and poetry of distant stars, black holes and mysterious corners of the universe. What if you could litterally unhook the stars ? What if you could be a galactic-sized entity?
Devouring Stars is a strategy game with some exploration and a lot of Greek gods. In Devouring Stars you play a tribe of godlike entities trapped in Tartarus, a corner of the universe as far beneath hell as heaven is high above the earth. Hunted by 4 other tribes, you have been given the ability to draw your own fate. But to what extent? The game uses a couple of unique mechanics to create a different experience on the RTS and space exploration genre. Your entities have the ability to “devour” starfields, creating dynamic nebulas that will protect them. There’s no tech tree or building facilities in Devouring Stars: your entities will have to merge in order to create advanced units with special abilities. Depending on the set of entities you start the game with, you will be able to go for different strategies that will evolve during the game. Devouring Stars is mainly inspired by Dan Simmons’ Illium but also by Homeworld, Eufloria and Starcraft.
- 15 advanced entities to unlock by merging the 4 basic ones (earth, air, fire, water). Each advanced unit has a specific ability like freezing enemies, controling them, attacking them from afar, …
- Generated starfields offering a large range of beautiful and differently balanced layout
- Hundreds of levels, depending on your advance in the game, specific scenario, your tribe and your enemies
- Direct attack, escape route, diversion, … many ways to go through the game depending on your strategic choices, your entities and your enemies
- 4 enemy tribes with specific features and behaviors
- Thousands of different settings through generated scenarios
- And some hidden secrets …