Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, Multiplayer, Purchase Required
Developer: Harebrained Schemes
Publisher: Harebrained Schemes
Rating: Not Rated
Necropolis combines third-person action with Rogue-lite dungeon-delving for a game that’s fast-paced and addictive, yet diabolically hardcore. You play as a nameless adventurer attempting to escape a living, magical dungeon that reconstructs itself each time you play, with only one way out – down. Craft, equip, explore, and fight to stay alive as you delve deeper and face ever-greater threats in the twisting halls and endless chasms of the NECROPOLIS. Have no doubt, you’re going to die – often! – but you’ll improve your combat skills, available upgrades, and dungeon know-how with every playthrough, bringing you one step closer to the exit. (Warning: “Just one more time” mindset can be addicting.)
IN NECROPOLIS, DEATH IS…
- …PERMANENT. Game Over? Jump right back in with a new adventurer and try again!
- …DIFFERENT EVERY TIME. A new procedurally-generated dungeon with every death.
- …BETTER WITH FRIENDS. Drop-in / drop-out CO-OP multiplayer for up to 4 players!
- …MONSTROUS. Gemeaters, Changelings, Hoardmen, and more – they exist to kill you.
- …NOT WITHOUT PERKS. Each new dungeon is littered with powerful weapons, armor, and upgrades to wield against your foes. (And there’s crafting, too!)
- …UNAVOIDABLE. But don’t worry, this NEXT playthrough is totally the one. We’ve got a good feeling about it.