Genre: Free-to-play, MMO, PvP, Role-Playing, Sci-Fi
Rating: Not Rated
Starship Empire is an intense PvP-filled space MMO. The heart of an MMO is a persistent universe where hundreds or even thousands of players are all interacting with each other at the same time. Starship Empire embraces this to create an environment where players are talking, trading and blasting the hell out of each other! You play the role of the ship’s captain and not only take your ship into epic battles, but you command a full crew as well. Command one of your engineers to fix a broken shield generator or tell one of your security officers to attack intruders that are boarding the ship. There’s just as much fun inside the ship as there is outside!
How much will Starship Empire cost?
Starship Empire will be free to play and will use micro-transactions to support ongoing development costs. I know there are mixed feelings about F2P games so I want to be clear about how this will work within Starship Empire:
- There will never be any “pay walls” or obligation to pay for anything in the game.
- Non-paying players can advance to the same level as paying players and advancement will not be limited in any way
- Credits earned in-game will be equivalent to credits purchased and can be used to buy both functional and decorative items in the starbase shops.
- Earnings credits in game will be reasonably balanced vs paying for credits (e.g. you won’t have to mine asteroids for a ridiculous amount of time to earn a decent amount of credits)
- Major ship upgrades in the shop will require a minimum level of experience points so even if you are a paying player, you can’t simply “pay to win”.