Genre: Action, Indie, Purchase Required, Role-Playing, Sci-Fi, Strategy
Publisher: Nkidu Games
Rating: Not Rated
In The Red Solstice you control one of the eight space marines that are trying to find out what happened to human colonies on Mars during the huge storm called The Red Solstice. The mix of a dark and gritty Science Fiction setting and addictive adrenaline filled gameplay – based on advanced tactics and quick decisions at the same time – makes for a great atmosphere and gameplay experience.
The game takes place in about one hour gameplay sessions during which players need to scavenge for supplies, find and fortify the base and then defend it from an almost infinite amount of monsters and evacuate survivors. An experience based character advancement system, as well as advancing your space marines equipment during the sessions is another fundamental part of the gameplay.
“It is the type of game that we always wanted to make”, says Ironward founder Hrvoje Horvatek. “The Red Solstice combines the unique gritty settings of well known Sci-Fi movies with action filled cooperative gameplay based on quick thinking and smart use of advanced tactics. It is a game you can jump in right away but master completely only after dozens and hundreds of hours of addictive gameplay spent with your friends.”
- 8 player co-op multiplayer
- adrenaline filled and quick tactics focused gameplay
- radically different gameplay with each of 8 different classes
- experience based character advancement system
- set on Mars during the huge storm called The Red Solstice
- dark and gritty survival Sci-Fi story and setting
- fight infinite amounts of monsters during ~1 hour sessions
- scavenge for supplies, fortify the base, defend, evacuate
- Challenging Boss Fights